Welcome to 'Aha Moments' ~ Sally Bundy
~ Gestalt Psychotherapy ~ Counselling ~ Mediation ~ Life Coaching ~ Supervision-
SKYPE Sessions or Clinic sessions in CANBERRA ACT
'There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or to accept the responsibility for changing them.' Denis Waitley.
"The Gestalt therapist does not regard a client as "an object to be manipulated into health" but as a subject possessing intrinsic dignity and value. This profoundly affects the attitude with which a Gestalt therapist meets a client: her clear intention is one of being-with the client in ways which will permit him to learn about himself, to experiment creatively with his experiences, and to acquire habits of wholeness. She does not come to the meeting with a fixed agenda, but rather attends and supports the client as he discovers how he wants to-be-in-the-world." Sylvia Crocker.
There are two frequent sayings in Gestalt Therapy, "What is, is." and "One thing leads to another".
Polarities - Two opposing views, behaviors, forces, or parts.
My areas of special interest & expertise include these services:
- Art Therapy
- Sand play/Symbol Work
- Dream Work
- Relationship Therapy
- Sexuality Counselling
- Gender Counselling
- Recovery Support Work
- Polyamory Relationships
Concerns or issues that you may have & that I enjoy working with:
- Alcohol abuse
- Are you dying? Choose how to die with open ness, acceptance and integrity
- Compulsive Behaviours
- Creative blocks
- Drug dependency
- Gender identity
- Grief & loss
- Alternative Relationships
- Couples Counselling
- Poly Relationships
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Heterosexual
- Group Work
- Individual Therapy
- Life Coaching
- Personal Development
- 12 Step/ Recovery
- Gestalt Psychotherapy
- Professional short and long term counselling
- Life coaching
Therapy Options in Canberra ACT.
- Office visits
- Home visits
- After hours
- Week ends
- Web or Skype visits
- Walk and talk environmental sessions. Around Mt Ainslie, Canberra or on one of Cairns beautiful rainforest, lake, beach or river trails. Therapy of this nature has added dimensions of addressing exercise, embodied experience of connecting on a relational level with myself and the environment. It assists in connecting with your senses and making sense of yourself.
What is Gestalt? (GANZ website definition).
Gestalt therapy is a growth-oriented, contextual and relational approach to working with people. The Gestalt approach embraces a person's physical, psychological, intellectual, emotional, interpersonal and spiritual experience in a holistic way. Each of these interconnected aspects of living is considered inseparable from a person's environment, history& culture.
A Well Lived Life, from a Gestalt perspective is grounded in a person's awareness of how they live their life and conduct their relationships, in the present, within their life space. From this perspective, Gestalt therapy seeks to promote a person's awareness, support creative choice and encourage responsibility in a person's effort to realize a meaningful life.
- It is grounded in the here and now
- It emphasizes that each person is responsible for his or her own destiny
- Gestalt is not just a talk therapy; action is seen as important and clients are encouraged to try out new ways of being
- Experiments are always aimed at exploration, discovery and awareness; experiential learning is the aim rather than achieving preset outcomes
'Therapy is concerned with
the unfolding, illumination & transformation of experience'.